|Gen 3||Carmine Antonio Martino||Clementina Baranello|
|Birth||8 Apr 1871||Monacilioni, Campobasso, Italy||19 Oct 1874||Ferrazzano, Campobasso, Italy|
|Death||5 Mar 1955||Marple Twp Delaware Co PA||3 Oct 1921||Philadelphia, PA|
|Buried||Holy Cross Cemetery||Darby PA||Holy Cross Cemetery||Darby PA|
|Parents||Modestino Martino||Filomena Varonese||Carlo Baranello||Francesca Di Stefano|
|Occupation||Stone Mason||Buttonhole Maker|
|Marriage||20 Jan 1896||Philadelphia PA (license 81960)||St. Mary
Magdalen de Pazzi Church
714 Monrose St.
|Rev. A. Isoleri|
- Modestino Frank b. 4 Dec 1896 Phila d. 9 Sep 1941
- Filomena b. ca 1898 d. 1922
- Antonetta b.1900 d. 1902
- Antonio P b. ? 13 Apr 1902 d. ? 3 Sep 1988 m. Mary J. Hoffsterrer
- Alberto b. 14 May 1904 d. Nov 1980 NJ m. Catherine Marie Viti
- Ernesto b. 13 May 1906 d. 6 Jan 1981 m. 14 Jul 1934 Phil. PA Giovannina Maria (Jean) Rasso (Ross) b. 5 Jun 1912 d. 3 Apr 1986
- Giovanni b. 1 May 1908 d. 1 Feb 1998 m. 12 May ? Eva Marinelli b. 15 Oct 1916
- William b. 21 Jul 1910 d. 23 Apr 1980 m. 31 Jan 1936 Rose DeLaney b. 27 Jun 1917 d. 13 Jul 1970
- Edmundo b. 21 Jun 1915 d. 2 Jan 2000 m. 14 Jan 1939 Victoria Theresa Mustaro (Francis) b. 27 Nov 1918 d. 26 Feb 1985
- 1895 Marriage license: Carmine 1035 S. 7th St, Clementina 905 Hall St.
- by 1908 1206 S. 11th St (Shoe Store 1915-8)
- 151 N. Gross St.
- 12 S. 18th St (Martino Studios)
- Carmine's second marriage: Amelia b. ca 1883 and stepsons Anthony Mansolino b ca 1908 and Earl Costa b. ca 1917. They live in 1930 near son Tony. married ?1926
- Was Frank's girlfriend Fanni Oliver? In 1930 living near Carmine and Tony on Gross St was Michael Oliver b. ca 1883 a barber and wife Frances (Fanni) b. ca 1887 and children Joseph b. ca 1909 and Norma b. 1923. Son Joseph was a artist in a commercial studio. Carol was the blond girfriend in the photo.
- Carmine A. was sometimes referred to as Charles A.
- The witnesses for their marriage: Salvatore Collavita and Thersa Rizzo
- In 10 Apr 1908 he made a trip to Italy and returned on the Ancona through Ellis Island with his mother-in-law Francesca Di Stefano and Ferdinando Martino (same town as Carmine but relationship not known). He was a US citizen by then. He went to visit his father.
- Frank visited Italy returning from Naples 23 Sep 1936. He lived at 225 N 63 St. Phil.
Italian roots of Carmine and Clementina
The Martinos lived in the commune of Monacilioni which is a village NE of the town of Campobasso in the province of Molise and the Baranello's came from Ferrazzano which is SE of town of Campobasso also in the province of Molise.