All family name meanings come from Dictionary of American Family Names at Ancestry.com
Kramer Family Tree
Kramer Name Meaning: German (also Krämer), Dutch, and Jewish (Ashkenazic): occupational name for a shopkeeper, peddler, or hawker, from an agent derivative of Middle High German, Middle Low German kram ‘trading post’, ‘tent’, ‘booth’.
- ?Jacob (Jake) Kramer
- Ella (Mary Ann) Kramer b. 25 Dec 1856 Southern Germany d. 9 Mar 1927 Watertown Twp MI m. 11 Jul 1875 John
- Southern Germany
- Detroit MI
- Ella came to the US when she was 5-6 with her father and brother (Jacob?)
- Her mother Analiese sp? dies in Germany and was killed in a fire in the stone house where they lived along the banks of a river.
- She remembered going around with her father collecting
rents and him saying he wanted his children to get his money.
- He was a tombstone
- He died during an epidemic of diptheria (black death) or smallpox in
- She then lived in foster homes.
- Her name was changed from Mary Ann
- Later she tried to find traces of her family.
- Detroit city directories: Jacob Kraemer, mason, home James near Hastings
(1863) - Jacob Kramer home Benton near Hastings (1864)